Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Prayers by Mother Teresa


Deliver me, O Jesus: From the desire of being esteemed From the desire of being loved From the desire of being honoured From the desire of being praised From the desire of being preferred to others From the desire of being consulted From the desire of being approved From the desire of being popular. Deliver me, O Jesus: From the fear of being humiliated From the fear of being despised From the fear of being rebuked From the fear of being slandered From the fear of being forgotten From the fear of being wronged From the fear of being treated unfairly From the fear of being suspected And, Jesus, grant me the grace To desire that others might be more loved than I That others might be more esteemed than I That in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I decrease That others may be chosen and I set aside That others may be preferred to me in everything That others may become holier than I, provided that I, too, become as holy as I can. Amen. 

Heavenly Father, you have given us a model of life in the Holy Family of Nazareth. Help us, O loving Father to make our family another Nazareth where love, peace and joy reign. May it be deeply contemplative, intensely Eucharistic and vibrant with joy. Help us to stay together in joy and sorrow through family prayer. Teach us to see Jesus in the members of our family especially in their distressing disguise. May the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus make our hearts meek and humble like His and help us to carry out our family duties in a holy way. May we love one another as God loves each one of us more and more each day, and forgive each other's faults as You forgive our sins. Help us, O loving Father to take whatever You give and to give whatever You take with a big smile. Amen.


Make us worthy, Lord, to serve those people throughout the world who live and die in poverty and hunger. Give them through our hands, this day, their daily bread, and by our understanding love, give them peace and Joy. Amen

Dear Jesus, help me to spread Thy fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Thy spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole Return to being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Thine. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Thy presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment